Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
AquaSport is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer
relationship with AquaSport. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the
steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is AquaSport?
AquaSport is a trade name of Les Entreprises Sea Monster Inc.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes
such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals
contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
* public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
* professional and business directories available to the public,
* certain public registries and court records,
* certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you.
AquaSport is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to
third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees in each of our business units who are accountable for
compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information.
AquaSport identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the
information is actually being collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
AquaSport obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to t
he type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
* AquaSport will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as personal financial information.
* AquaSport will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exists,
- express consent has previously been given,
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting AquaSport's Customer Service who can help direct the call to
the appropriate department within AquaSport. To change your preferences, refer to the General Inquiries section below.
4. We limit collection of your personal information.
AquaSport collects only the information required to provide products and services to you.
If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services,
your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected.
AquaSport will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
* Communicating with you generally
* Processing your applications
* Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
* Protecting against fraud or error
* Providing product and services requested by you
* Recommending products and services that AquaSport believes will be of interest and provide value to you
* To comply with legal and governmental requirements
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information.
AquaSport uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected.
AquaSport does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service.
If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with
AquaSport to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
AquaSport retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required
by federal and provincial laws.
6. We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
AquaSport keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the General Inquiries section below.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for AquaSport.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
* physical security measures such as restricted access facilities,
* electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers,
* organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
* contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site, www.AquaSport.ca under Privacy and Security or on request. To contact us, refer to the General Inquiries section below.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by AquaSport.
You can request access to your personal information stored by AquaSport. To contact us, refer to the General Inquiries section below. Upon receiving such a request, AquaSport will:
* Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
* Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
* Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy.
AquaSport responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
* by calling our Customer Service Department at 1-800 567-6660
* by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* by mail to AquaSport Customer Relations, 8866 Pie IX Boulevard, Montreal (Quebec) H1Z 3V1